Demography of Huguenots of New-France
328 Huguenots came to New-France
- 51 woman
- 277 man
- 156 were married
- 69 merchants
- 24 craftsman
- 52 soldiers
- 15 sailors
- 32 farmers
Origins in France
- Aunis, Saintonge, Poitou, Normandy
- Demography of Huguenots of New-France
- I have identified, at the present time, 328 Huguenots who
stayed in New-France. We have at least an indication that
they have been in New-France for a certain period of
time. That number is probably far from the entire
picture, it will take more researches, mainly in French
protestants Temples to have a more complete picture.
- About 50% of them settled in New-France. We count 277 men
for 51 women..
- 156 Huguenots were or get married.
- For their occupations, we have 69 merchants, 24
craftsman, 52 soldiers, 15 sailors and 32 farmers (that
number is probably greater, but we dont have the
- Huguenots were coming mainly from the South-West of
France: Aunis, Saintonge and Poitou. The other important
region was Normandy.