[Spectral Eclipse/Base Rules/Mind Tripping]
Every communication device has a number of channels, identification of what type of data is transmitted/received and at what speed, as well as if enemies can intercept the data stream. Here is a basic list of channel types:
The shaper's virtual personalities each follow paths around the network as they progress. Each path takes up one channel, so a link with only 2 channels can support only 2 shapers going through it. Other Shapers will have to find another path.
- TAC Carries tactical data; enemy number, type and position, current device status, current tactic pursued.
- EGO Channel carries psychic manifestations.
- Prefix means an alien variant.
- -SLO Means that data trickles at a slow rate, typically 6 turns instead of one.
- -R Means the channel is in receive mode only and cannot send data.
- LIFE Means transmission of crew life sign data.
- VISU is visual data.
- AUD is audio data.
- OLF is olfactory data.
- VEH is vehicle location and control status.
- STAT is device status only.
- -S : channel is in sending mode only. (Default is -RS if not specified)
- TOUCH: Texture & temperature data.
- GEO: Geological or geographical data.
- M-: Mylosan Alliance variant of standard. (Since this is the default, it is usually not marked)
- X-: Totally Non-standard (can't be made to interface)
- H-: Channel meant for direct interpretation by senses. (Ex: sound)
- C-: Data cannot be interpreted without a converter.
- -FAST: Data transfer 6* faster than average
- LAN: The type of transport is a physical landline. Not secure.
- URB: The type of transport is unlimited radio band. Secure.
- ASER: The channel transport is a laser or maser beam. Not always secure.
- Radio: The transport is a radio signal. Not secure.
Created on ... mai 27, 2002