Why Is Canada So Great?
Yes, is the best country in the world. Why is Canada so great? Here are numberous reason:
If you've noticed that I'm missing a few...drop me a line!
Here are 79 Reasons...
- Great variety in seasons
- Great world-wide reputation with other countries
- We invented Hockey
- We invented Basketball
- We invented the telephone
- We invented cable T.V.
- There are over 2 million Canadian patents
- We are one of the G-7 countries
- We are a part of NATO
- We are a part of NAFTA
- We are one of the only countries that can put up with Americans
- We have a low crime rate
- Canada doesn't have the highest national debt (The U.S. does, ha!)
- We have a slightly lower debt per-capita than the U.S.
- We can understand American-English. (Well most of us anyway)
- Canadians are polite
- Canada is easy to spell
- Canada is easy to pronounce
- We have one of the top education systems
- Canada has one of the fastest growing populations in the world
- Canada introduced peace-keeping
- Our government pays for medicine. In other words, no hospital bills
- We have nice cities
- We have clean cities
- We are at peace with many countries
- We are the leader in telephone technology
- We have better technology than the U.S.
- We made those dinosaurs in Jurassic Park
- We are not stupid!!
- We invented refining
- Canada has more clean water than any other nation
- Canada is a free and democratic society
- Hockey is Canada, Canada is hockey
- We know how, and when to use the word, "eh"
- We have two official languages, and a leader that speaks his own
- Unlike what many people think, Canadians are patriotic
- We are probably the least biased country
- There's a lot of famous Canadians
- We don't have to worry about nukes or bombs
- Lots of ski resorts
- We have the world's longest bridge (P.E.I. to the mainiland)
- We have the world's tallest self-supported structure (CN Tower, Toronto)
- Most of us know what the CN Tower is for
- We have the world's longest street (Yonge St., Toronto to somewhere near Manitoba)
- We are great world-leaders with our beer
- Canadians are 300% less likely to be murdered than Americans
- Economy living up to most of its potential of all G7 nations
- Falling crime rate
- We have the 'Smarties' candy unlike Americans (Very important, isn't it?)
- Our schools have less of a dicipline problem than American schools
- Canadian students rank higher than American students in Math, Science, English, ...
- 1/3 of Microsoft programmers come from the University of Waterloo
- Canadian invented the baseball glove
- Canadian invented insulin
- Canadian invented the kitchen stove
- Titanic, written, directed and produced by a Canadian, James Cameron
- Nelvana Corp. of Toronto hired to produce all American cartoons on CBS
- Canadian woman second in comand at UN (American not 1st or 3rd or 4th or... in command)
- Canada is the only country at the Atlanta summer olympics that sent more women than men, meaning we aren't sexist
- Canada is one of the few countries with women in the millitary
- Canada has a trade surplus, unlike our southern friends
- Canada is slated to get rid of the deficit and debt before the U.S.
- 8.6% unemployment rate at the beginning of 1998 and falling rapidly
- Canadian music is world reknowned
- Unemployed Canadians receive higher welfare cheques than unemployed Americans
- Average life expectancy of a Canadian is 79 years, the highest in the world (U.S. is 75 years)
- Canadian cities lead the world in quality of life. Vancouver (1), Toronto (3), Montreal (15). Closest American city was Atlanta at thrity-something
- Canadian discovered Pablum (Baby food)
- Women in Ontario can walk around topless legally (For men: YES! For women: Your freedoms are expanded)
- Canadian doctor at the Montreal General Hospital was able to map the human brain
- Recovered bodies of the Titanic are buried in Halifax (not really something to demonstrate patriotism but an interesting fact)
- Canada never owned slaves (there were slaves in Canada in the 18th century but they were owned by the British government)
- Many American slaves came secretly to Canada during the American civil war
- Canada receives more immigrants per capita than the U.S. (almost twice as much)
- Canada among most popular tourist destinations in the world
- Canadian universities are world-reknowned for quality education and cheap tuitions
- Canada is one of few countries at the UN to be apart of the security counsil, giving Canada a strong voice
- We've got lots of greenspace.
- Canadians invented the poutine!
Missing any reasons? Drop me a line...
E-mail me here!
Copyright © 1997, 2000
The use of any of this material without the consent of the author is strictly prohibited