A. ORIGIN -What is the website's origin?
B. DESIGN -Is the website well designed?
- The organisation providing the site is clearly indicated.
- There is information about the site's authors (About Us, Our Objectives, Modus Operandi, Mission Statement, etc.)
- The site's creators have provided their credentials (if need be).
- The site's creators have indicated the source of their materials where it is necessary to do so.
- There is an address made available for further information and questions concerning the site's information and content.
C. CONTENT -Is the website's content meaningful in terms of its educational value?
- The site's general appearance is appealing to its intended audience (colours, graphics, layout).
- It is easy to navigate through the site -links are clearly marked and self-explanatory making navigation intuitive.
- The links appearing on the site work (take the user to a new page).
- Supporting pages have a link back to the site's main page.
- The text on the site is easily readable (font, size, colour scheme).
- The graphics on the site serve a purpose and are not too big.
- The site is not cluttered with advertising -overshadowing its content.
- The site is interactive -there is something to DO on the site (game, fill-out forms, chat, newsgroup/message board, etc.).
D. ACCESSIBILITY -Is the website accessible?
- The title of the site is indicative of its content.
- The language is developmentally appropriate for its targeted audience.
- The use of text and graphics as links is appropriate to level of understanding of targeted audience.
- The targeted audience has required skills to comprehend content.
- The targeted audience has required skills to navigate with ease through the site.
- The site is free of spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, syntax errors, or typos.
- The site promotes equal and just representations of racial, gender, and religious issues.
- The content is informative.
- The site contains a wealth of information and deserves more than one visit.
- The site has links to other websites relevant to the same topic.
E. CURRENCY -Is the website current?
- The site does not take a long time to load.
- The site provides a "help feature" or instructions on its use.
- The site does not require special "plug-ins" or other types of special viewing helpers. If it does, this is clearly indicated.
- The site does not require usage fees to be paid.
- The site has rules to its use.
- The site requires a registration or password to access and use it.
- The site has been recently updated.
- The information recently updated is highlighted for the user.
- There is a statement pledging to current updates.