- There is currently an ad constantly running on television for the Touched By An Angel soundtrack. It includes clips from many tracks from the album, including a major emphasis on Amanda's song "Believe In You". They don't include a music video clip for the song (which may be released in the near future), but do show pictures of Amanda, and a small blurb, which states that her new album will be released in March, 1999.
- Amanda's song "Birmingham" has been included in the new superb compilation CD "Women And Songs 2". This CD also includes many great tracks from other fantastic artists, such as Chantal Kreviazuk's "Surrounded" and Natalie Imbruglia's "Wishing I Was There". Here's the complete track listing:
Kreviazuk - Surrounded *
2. Paula Cole - I Don't Want to Wait *
3. Natalie Imbruglia - Wishing I Was There *
4. The Corrs - Dreams *
5. Loreena McKennitt - The Mummer's Dance
6. Natalie Merchant - Kind and Generous
7. Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
8. Sheryl Crow - Strong Enough
9. Vonda Shepard - Searchin' My Soul
10. Billie Myers - Kiss the Rain *
11. Faith Hill - This Kiss
12. AMANDA MARSHALL - BIRMINGHAM *
13. Bonnie Raitt - I Can't Make You Love Me
14. Sarah McLachlan - Unchained Melody *
15. Jann Arden - The Sound Of *
16. Jewel - Who Will Save Your Soul *
17. Catherine Durand - You & I
18. Wild Strawberries - Heroine
19. Sarah Slean - I Know
* Highly recommended artist
- Congratulations to Amanda on the massive success of her new single "Believe In You". It is currently one of the most-played songs on Canadian radio. As well, the "Touched By An Angel" soundtrack, which the song is from, is doing very well on the American Billboard chart. Look above for the cover of the "Believe In You" promotional single .
- Information about Amanda's upcoming new CD have been released!! This is what has been announced so far: The album will most probably come out on March 2nd, 1999. Almost all of the songs on the album have been co-wriiten by Amanda. Many legendary songwriters have helped to write songs for the album including Carole King and Eric Bazillian. Amanda's contribution the the Touched By An Angel Soundtrack "Believe In You" is present on the albums as well. The album was recorded in LA by producer Don Was and mixed by Bob Clearmountain. Click here to see the entire article from which this information came from.
- The latest information about the amount of sales of Amanda's debut CD "Amanda Marshall" have also been released. The album has sold 900,000 copies in Canada, 350,000 to 400,000 copies in The United States and 500,000 in the rest of the world.
- Amanda has recorded a great new song entitled "Beleive In You" for the "Touched By An Angel" soundtrack. The soundtrack will be released on Tuesday, November 3rd. You can advance order it from CDNow by clicking here. The song will be released as a single. You can listen to clips of the song in RealAudio and WAV formats. Click here for the "Touched By An Angel" soundtrack homepage.
- Amanda has contributed the song "Trust Me (This Is Love)" to the "Faith & Healing" compilation album to benefit diabetes research. This album also includes tracks by such great Canadian artists as Chantal Kreviazuk, Sarah McLachlan, Melanie Doane, and many others. It is available at the Canadian clothing chain "Le Chateau" and by calling 1-877-CURE-JDF.
- In a recent interview, Canadian country superstar Terri Clark, has stated that Amanda Marshall is one of her favourite singers. She said that Amanda's self-titled debut album is fantastic, and one of her favourites. As you can see, there's not very much Amanda Marshall news at this time :-)
- Oops! It turns out that Amanda Marshall has not released a new song entitled "Blood And Honey" in Germany. The song is accually sung by dance-pop songstress Amanda Lear. Sorry!
- Amanda has released a new single in Germany!! It is entitled "Love And Honey", and will probably be included on her upcoming new album. There is no information about it's release in North America, although it may be released in Canada soon. Amanda has a large fanbase in Germany, and the single was probably being tested there to see the response from the public. This information is from "Esprit International Limited" an import music store in the UK. Click here to visit their on-line store, where you can purchase the single in regular and maxi-single formats, from their recent additions catalogue.
- It seems as though Amanda has recorded a new song entitled "Too Much Love". It is written by Amanda and Marty Frederiksen. This song may be on her upcoming new album. Click here to find out more information at the BMI Repertoire song title database, where this information came from.
- It's been a very boring summer Amanda-wise. She's probably lying low, recording her new album. The release dates are all conflicting, but it will probably be released in the fourth quarter of this year, or the first of 1999.
- "Sitting On Top Of The World" has been included in MC Mario's latest summer compilation CD.
- "Dark Horse" has been included in a new CD entitled the "MusiMax Collection". This CD is from the Quebec adult-contemporary music video channel MusiMax. The video for "Dark Horse" is frequently played on the channel, as are the videos for "Let It Rain" and "Beautiful Goodbye".
- Yet another country singer has done a cover of an Amanda Marshall song on her album. Melodie Crittenden sings "Birmingham" on her self-titled debut album. Click here to hear a clip of the song in RealAudio format.
- Mila Mason has created a music video for her country version of Amanda Marshall's "Dark Horse". It is available to view on-line in three formats:
- Quicktime 30 Second Clip
- RealVideo 28.8 Medium Quality Clip (Entire Song)
- RealVideo 28.8 High Quality Clip (Entire Song)
- LeAnn Rimes new album "Sittin' On Top Of The World" has been released!! You can listen to her version of Amanda Marshall's "Sitting On Top Of The World" in three formats:
2) Medium Quality Sound File
3) High Quality Sound File
- Amanda's "Sitting On Top Of The World" was played during episode #6 of the hit new show "Dawson's Creek". The show is know for playing hit and up and coming new music.
- LeAnn Rimes upcoming new album "On Top Of the World", which contains her version of Amanda Marshall's "Sitting On Top Of The World", will be released on May 5th.
- Unfortunately, both Amanda and her songwriters Dean McTaggart and David Tyson, lost at the Juno awards. Sarah McLachlan won in both categories that they were nominated in, "Single Of The year" (for Dark Horse) and "Songwriter Of The Year".
- This Saturday
(March 14th), Amanda will sing Fall From Grace live on the PBS
show "On Tour".
She will also talk about her many musical influences. Check your local listings for times!!
- LeAnn Rimes will include a cover of Amandas "Sitting On Top of The World" on her upcoming new album entitled - "SITTING ON TOP OF THE WORLD"!!!!!!
- Amanda won the 'Chart-Topper' Award at the 1st annual Canadian Radio Music Awards!!
- Congratulations to Amanda for her Gemini Award for 'Best Performance In A Variety Program Or Series'!!! The 12th Annual Gemini Awards were handed out in Toronto last weekend.
- The Juno award nominees list was released today! Amanda was nominated for single of the year, for Dark Horse. Also, David Tyson was nominated for songwriter of the year, for co-writing Dark Horse, Beautiful Goodbye and Trust Me (This Is Love) for Amanda. Plus, Dean McTaggart was also nominated in that category for co-writing Dark Horse.
Click here to listen to the nominee announcements in RealAudio. They mention Amanda quite a few times.
- Amanda is busy writing songs for her next album. She has been working with Eric Bazilian (who wrote "One Of Us" for Joan Osborne) and Marty Fredrickson. It looks like Amanda will begin recording her new album this spring, with a tentative album release date of late summer 1998.
Marshall and her television special have been nominated for three Gemini Awards (Canadian Television Awards)! The
nominations are for:
Best Music,Variety Program or Series
Best Performance in a Variety Program or Series
Best Sound in a Comedy, Variety or Performing Arts Program or Series
Also, Amandas TV special is also a finalist in the prestigious New York festival's
40th annual International television programming competition.
- Amanda is #1 in Toronto! Her self titled debut album was the top album of 1997 according to Toronto radio station 104.5 CHUM FM. Also, on Montreal radio station Mix 96's year end 96 most-played songs chart, Amanda holds 2 positons. She has Dark Horse at #42 and Sitting On Top of The World at #82!
to SoundScans year-end chart, Amanda Marshalls debut CD was the
17th best-selling CD in Canada for the year.
- Today, the list of Grammy nominees was released. Unfortunately, Amanda was not chosen as nominee in the category she was a finalist in. Click here to go to the Grammy awards homepage and see the complete list.
Back To Main