News From The First Part Of 1999
- It turns out that Amanda has cancelled her May 19th tour date at the Paradiso in Amsterdam. Sorry for the inconveniance this may have caused for those of you who have planned to go to the show.
- Saturday's Amanda Marshall on-line preview included Amanda talking about what inspires her to write songs, and also included a few clips of her new song "Shades Of Gray".
- I have found a way to listen to Friday night's exclusive midnight preview of Amanda Marshall's new album, "Tuesday's Child". It includes an introduction by Amanda and the full-length version of Amanda's new single "Love Lift Me". Click here to listen to the preview, in RealAudio. This won't be available for long, so check it out ASAP!!
- I have been sent a press release describing Amanda's exclusive online preview taking place at midnight this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Also mentioned in the press release are the enormous sales and success of Amanda's self-titled debut album, and the success of the singles released from that album (each one, and there have been SEVEN, have all reached the Canadian top ten!!). Also, it seems that Amanda will embark on an extensive Canadian tour following the release of her new album. Here is the press release, which I'm sure you will find very interesting:
RELEASE: THURSDAY, APRIL 22, 1999
SONY MUSIC CANADA PRESENTS AN EXCLUSIVE AMANDA MARSHALL ONLINE EVENT -- "AMANDA AT MIDNIGHT"
(TORONTO) Amanda Marshall's highly anticipated new album, Tuesday's Child, will
be in Canadian stores on Tuesday, May 25, 1999. To help celebrate the impending
launch of this record, Sony Music Canada is hosting an exclusive online event
this Friday, April 23, Saturday, April 24 and Sunday, April 25, 1999. Online
fans of Amanda should log on to her official website --
http://www.amandamarshall.com -- at 12 midnight ET on each of those evenings for
an exclusive engagement called "Amanda At Midnight", and it will take place only
at midnight. Fans can log on to catch the event and its many surprises for this
Amanda's self-titled debut album, released in 1995, has sold more than two
million copies worldwide. In Canada, the album is over 8X platinum, and has
remained on the Top 200 Albums chart since its release more than three years
ago. With more than seven Canadian Top Ten singles in her career to date,
worldwide critical acclaim, and an extensive Canadian tour planned to support
her new album, Amanda is poised to shine in an international spotlight with the
release of Tuesday's Child.
- The first review of Amanda's upcoming new album "Tuesday's Child" has surfaced in a French record magazine. Unfortunately, it doesn't really talk about the album very much. It is from "Blah Blah", the magazine from French record store FNAC. The review is in French, and I have roughly translated it here:
This beautiful Canadian had the chance to know Toronto because of her father, and the warm shores of the Caribbean thanks to her mother. She succeeds in injecting rock into her music, the precision of blues and feelings of the warm Southern shores. Amanda Marshall's music does not belong to one musical genre alone, because her exotic zest gives her a little more. She started very young, singing in clubs. One night, blues guitaist Jeff Healey heard her singing blues in a bar. He asked her to join him on the road with him, and then, she became famous. Here is her second album, Tuesday's Child. She is now in the big leagues, and is in the same catagory of stardom as a certain Alanis.
- Sony Music Canada has updated their www.amandamarshall.comweb site yet again! They have scheduled exclusive online previews of Amanda's new album, "Tuesday's Child". The previews will only be available at midnight EST, this Friday, Saturday and Sunday (April 23rd, 24th and 25th). Be sure not to miss it!
- Amanda has scheduled a new concert appearance for Wednesday, May 19, 1999. She will be performing at the Paradiso in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- The American release date for Amanda Marshall's new album "Tuesday's Child" has been announced. The album will be released on June 15th, 1999. The Canadian release date remains unchanged on May 25th. No date has been announced for the rest of the world, but it may be released on the same date as the American release.
- We now have a news section of the site entitled "Amanda Covered/Uncovered". In this section, you can find out information about which Amanda songs have been covered by other artists. As well, you can learn about the original versions f songs from Amanda's debut album. You can see album cover photos, listen to audio clips, see music video clips and much more!
- New information about Amanda Marshall's hit song "Let It Rain" has recently been discovered. It turns out that the track was originally recorded by the songs writer, Kristen Hall, on her 1994 album "Be Careful What You Wish For". To find out more about this album, and listen to audio clips, be sure to visit CDNow's section about it. For more detailed information about the album, be sure to visit the "Be Careful What You Wish For" section of the Kristen Hall webpage.
- Sony Music Canada has finally updated their official Amanda Marshall site. The title (Tuesday's Child) and the release date (May 25th) of the album are the only new features. The site will definitely be updated with new information soon.
- The release date for Amanda's new album "Tuesday's Child" has been confirmed to be May 25th, 1999. Hopefully it will not be pushed back any further.
- "Love Lift Me" has been confirmed as the next single. It will be released to radio very soon. If anyone has heard it please tell me about it.
- The track
listing for Amanda's new album has been announced. The tracks are:
1) Believe In You (New Mix/Edit)
2) Love Lift Me
3) Why Don't You Love Me
4) Too Little Too Late
5) Right Here All Along
6) Wishful Thinking
8) Just Love Me
9) Shades of Grey
10) Give Up Giving In
11) Best of Me
12) Never Said Goodbye
13) Out of Bounds
The album is totally complete, and promotional copies have been released. The album runs just over 60 minutes, and has been described as "very soulful", "better than the first disc" and "more "live voice" style". Unfortunately, I do not have a copy of the CD, so if anyone has an extra copy, photos from the album, or sound files, please feel free to send them to me. Sony Music Canada has refused to announce ANY information about the album whatsoever, except to say that it will be released in late Spring in Canada. Sony Music Australia has announced that it will be released in May in Australia.
- Amanda has released a new single! It is entitled "Love Lift Me" and is track #2 on Amanda's upcoming new album, Tuesday's Child. It is supposedly available in Canadian stores, but I have yet to see it. If anyone has any further information about it, please tell me about it. Thank you!
- I have been told that the release date of Amanda's new album "Tuesday's Child" has been advanced yet again, this time to April 25th. Hopefully, this information is incorrect, and we will be able to get Amanda's new album before then.
- It seems that Sony Music Canada will revamp their AmandaMarshall.com site shortly. It will most probably contain information about Amanda's upcoming new album. We hope that it will include sound clips, lyrics and cover art.
- There is new information about Amanda's upcoming performance at Germany's "Rock Im Parc" festival. It seems that this is one of the most famous and popular music festivals in Germany. It takes places in the city of Nurnberg on Sunday, May 23rd. Amanda is scheduled to perform at 10:00 PM. Other artists scheduled to perform are Bryan Adams and Heather Nova.
- Amanda is scheduled to perform at two major German music festivals in May. She will perform at the "Rock Am Ring" open air festival on Friday, May 21st, and at the "Rock Im Parc" festival on Sunday, May 23rd. She will be performaing on the main "Center Stage" alongside two other Canadian superstars, Bryan Adams (who is rumoured to have written songs for Amanda's new album) and the fantastic Heather Nova.
- The release date for Amanda's new album "Tuesday's Child" has been pushed back until April. It will most likely be released on the 6th.
- In the official Bryan Adams newletter "BADNews", it has been confirmed that Bryan has contributed a song to Amanda Marshall's new album. The song is called "One Way Ticket".
- Amanda's contribution to the Touched By An Angel soundtrack, "Believe In You", will be played during the Valentines Day episode of the Touched By An Angel television show, on Sunday, February 14th.
- You can now see video clips and pictures from Amanda's performance and interview on the Rosie O'Donnell show. You can see Amanda's performance of "Believe In You" in .MOV or .AVI formats. you can see three pictures from the show - one, two or three.
- Amanda's new album will be released in Canada on March 2nd, 1999!! Amanda will also release a new commercial single to Canadian stores in February! Hopefully the new single (which will probably NOT be "Believe In You"), will have some new B-sides as well! Maybe even snippets from her new album!!!
- Amanda's new single (possibly "Believe In You", or another new song) may be commercially released in Canada on February 2nd. Also, Amanda's new album may be released in Canada during March. This date is prior to the one Amanda announced on Rosie O'Donnell, as the US release date. It is possible that the album will be released in Canada before the United States.
- For those of you who are looking to find a copy of the "Woman And Songs 2" CD (which include's Amanda Marshall's "Birmingham"), you might have a hard time finding it. As far as I know, it is only released in Canada. Luckilly, some large record stores may have a copy of the CD as an import. The CD is also available (in Canada) as a two-CD set, including the original "Women And Songs 1" compilation. The first album contains another Amanda-related track - Mila Mason's country version of "Dark Horse", a well as many other great songs.
Here's the complete track listing of the "Women And Songs 2" CD:
Kreviazuk - Surrounded *
2. Paula Cole - I Don't Want to Wait *
3. Natalie Imbruglia - Wishing I Was There *
4. The Corrs - Dreams *
5. Loreena McKennitt - The Mummer's Dance
6. Natalie Merchant - Kind and Generous
7. Tracy Chapman - Give Me One Reason
8. Sheryl Crow - Strong Enough
9. Vonda Shepard - Searchin' My Soul
10. Billie Myers - Kiss the Rain *
11. Faith Hill - This Kiss
12. AMANDA MARSHALL - BIRMINGHAM *
13. Bonnie Raitt - I Can't Make You Love Me
14. Sarah McLachlan - Unchained Melody *
15. Jann Arden - The Sound Of *
16. Jewel - Who Will Save Your Soul *
17. Catherine Durand - You & I
18. Wild Strawberries - Heroine
19. Sarah Slean - I Know
* Highly recommended artist
- Amanda performed her new single "Believe In You" from the "Touched By An Angel" soundtrack on the Rosie O'Donnell show today (Monday, January 4th). The performance was amazing, and was followed by a short intervew. During the interview, Amanda announced more information about her upcoming new album. She is currently choosing a name for the album. The most possible title will be "Tuesday's Child", but Amanda is also considering the title "Shades Of Gray". The Rosie O'Donnell show audience favoured "Tuesday's Child". Amanda will release a single (possibly "Believe In You" for the United States, or another new song) in February. The album will be released in May.
Back To Main